Thursday, February 3, 2011

alive and well.

happy 2011! ...on february 3rd.

i think so much happens, and i WANT to write about it, but i get too tired, or too busy, or just want to play with max, or chris, or whatever that i just don't.

so let's see. instead of trying to catch up, i'll just start from where i am.

my foot is killing me. i have plantar faciitis, which started RIGHT when i stopped breastfeeding, but my doctor swears one has nothing to do with the other. anyhoo, i can't walk. or run. or do anything that requires wearing cute shoes. so that sucks. i lost 5 pounds last month, but i could be doing better if i was *reallllly* watching what i eat, and of course, if i could do some kind of cardio.

max is a giant. he's 7 & 1/2 months and is about 20 pounds. he's been sitting up, rolling over, scooching, babbling, and waving... but the REALLY exciting stuff is that not only does he have a few teeth, he discovered he can CHOOSE his emotion! yesterday, when i picked him up early because he was having a rough day, he was MEAN-MUGGIN' me! like, eyebrows furled, pouty lip - everything! he was thinking, "HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME HERE ALL DAY?!?!" or something! he was so pissed, but it was hilarious!

i hate going to work and leaving my baby everyday. i mean, i do it. i have to. and it helps that i'm the first thing he sees in the morning, and when i wake him up, he smiles when he hears my voice before he even opens his eyes. but, i still wish i was with him all day. i want him to know I'M the mommy and not the nanny.

i pick him up in the middle of the night and rock him. he's not normally a "cuddler", but he doesn't wake up easy, so that's the one chance i get to just love on him for as long as i want. the best is when he wakes up for just a second, snuggles up in my neck, and goes limp again. i just love my little bubba.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that you rock him in the middle of the night, that is so sweet. Makes me smile